DEFININGCONSTANT: Planck constant
- PID: si:definingconstant:planck_constant:2019
- Definition: The Planck constant, h, is exactly 6.626 070 15 × 10-34 J s.
- Source: SI Brochure 9th Ed. 2019, p 127
6.626 070 15 x 10-34 J s
- Numerical Value: 6.62607015E-34
- Unit: J s
- Unit in Base SI: kg m2 s-1
- This value was fixed by the CGPM in 2018 (Resolution 1), with effect from 20 May 2019.
- The Planck constant is a fundamental constant that determines quantum effects and affects all particles and fields equally on all scales and in all environments.
- Related Definitions
- hasConstantSymbol -> h