DEFININGCONSTANT: Avogadro constant
- PID: si:definingconstant:avogadro_constant:2019
- Definition: The Avogadro constant, NA, is exactly 6.022 140 76 × 1023 mol-1
- Source: SI Brochure 9th Ed. 2019, p 127
6.022 140 76 x 1023 mol-1
- Numerical Value: 6.02214076E+23
- Unit: mol-1
- Unit in Base SI: mol-1
- This value was fixed by the CGPM in 2018 (Resolution 1), with effect from 20 May 2019.
- The Avogadro constant is a proportionality constant between the quantity "amount of substance" (with unit mole) and the quantity for counting entities (with unit one, symbol 1).
- Related Definitions
- hasConstantSymbol -> N_A